Enter song title:

Friday, May 04, 2007

Bro. Sustines E. Laplana wrote a review for my blog entitled “Things to Consider When Designing a Three Column Blog.” Here are the things that he discovered about the layout of my blog which I quoted from his post:

Now. Why do I titled this blog, “Things to consider when designing a three column blog”?

That’s because when you open up his blog, you will be waiting first for several seconds or minutes before the blog-content or the center column appears.

Remember that your blog’s visitors might not be patient enough to wait your blog to appear on their screen. Some of them will immediately click the BACK button of their browser if your blog’s content spends much time before it appears.


In line with this, SELaplana pointed out some guidelines when designing a three column blog. He initiated that the contents or the blog posts must appear first before the sidebar because that is the most important part of my blog and that is the part in which my visitors are looking for. He further illustrated the position of div tags and the sequence of the code.

On the other hand, I got a problem when applying his sequence of code. Putting the content before the left and right sidebars would result into another layout as shown below. This is because I used float instead of margins for each block. However, I realized that using this layout loads the contents faster compared to my previous layout.


What can you say?


Enter your email address: