Enter song title:

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I wrote this article to share to you the benefits I got from blogging based on my personal experience as well as the disadvantages of this kind of hobby.

Advantages of Blogging

Through blogging, you can make money online like what I have learned from my friend, Bro. Sustines E. Laplana. I was paid for the advertisements you see in my blog and I was also paid for the reviews that I have posted previously. But blogging, on the other hand, is not just about making money online. Blogging helped me improve my writing skills as well as my grammar. I admit I am not good in English but because of blogging, I learned some writing techniques and some terms that I have never heard before. Likewise, I also learned a lot of things such as general information, technology, internet, etc. Through blogging, I have also traveled a lot of places around the world by reading some travel blogs and by writing my own. I have also found new friends and regular readers in my blog. This afternoon, my high school classmate told me their amazement to see me on the internet. Thus, blogging somehow made me popular.

Disadvantages of Blogging

If there are advantages of blogging, there are also disadvantages. Based on my own experience, there are times that I can’t sleep thinking of what to blog and sometimes I eat late because of blogging. I also can’t control my self from browsing my favorite blogs and checking the statistics of my blog every now and then – a condition called Wilfing. Although blogging is an advantage for journalism students and the like, blogging can be a disadvantage for Computer Science students like me because instead of studying machine language, I study the English language. Fortunately, so far blogging didn’t affect my grades and I even got a higher average last semester. Maybe it depends on the person if he/she became addicted to blogging, thus, neglecting his/her study. Blogging may also affect your social being because instead of meeting people, you prefer seating in front of your computer all-day.

The Solution

There is an aphorism that says, “For every problem, there is a solution.” In line with this, I came up with the following solution to balance my routine. This is a three day cycle that I will be implementing this month of May starting tomorrow: First Day – Programming. I want to refresh my mind about the programming languages that I have already learned and I want to study other programming languages as well. Like what I said, a good blogger is a good programmer. Second Day – Reading. I want to get hooked with the latest information in the internet by reading my favorite blogs and through this, I can get some ideas about what to blog the next day. Third Day – Blogging. This is the only day when I can post my personal experiences, articles, song lyrics, etc.

Hope I can implement this daily routine starting tomorrow. Wish me luck.


Enter your email address: